The successful candidate will also provide expertise, leadership, direction and results through a team of Human Resources Professionals in the following areas:
Recruiting, Retention, Succession Planning
- Leverage currently deployed recruiting tools (applicant tracking, career website, social media, etc.) to continually identify and recruit top talent
- Create and develop new recruiting programs that attract outstanding individuals and appeal to candidates as “the place to work in Niagara Falls hospitality”
- Analyze the HRIS and other data to identify and create strategies that improve candidate selection as well as overall retention
- Create a multi-year succession plan for all management positions among all Niagara Falls businesses. Utilize assessment tools to identify with individuals with advancement potential and assist in creating developmental plans. Monitor progress, update and report on succession planning progress semi-annually.
Compensation, Benefits & Performance Management
- Create and recommend management, non-union and union compensation programs to ensure compliance with all agreements and regulations and ensure competitiveness in marketplace
- Provide corporate guidance and direction to control/reduce all payroll related costs (including benefits)
- Assist managers in identifying opportunities to control human resources costs relative to seasonal demands.
- Administer assessment and evaluation tools to highlight top and sub-par performers and incorporate/update succession plan accordingly. Ensure consistency of standards across all companies.
Labour Relations, Compliance, Regulatory
- Provide strategic leadership and negotiation for all union agreements and subsequent administrative oversight to ensure effective and efficient implementation of any changes throughout the organization.
- Support operations in all human resources related regulatory compliance matters mitigating risk/costs to the organization to the greatest extent possible.
- As a true business professional, provide expertise and guidance on any other matters as requested/needed to allow smooth operation of all operating and administrative departments